The first thing you need to know about the Ninebot Segway mini pro is that it is not your everyday hover board. Instead, it is more of a ‘Segway’ rather than anything else. What that means is that it is more of a self-balancing, ride-able machine that is perfectly sized for a single person. And in doing so, it has successfully become one of the most popular gadgets in the market.
This new product from Segway immediately sets the standards high with the kind of looks it has. It comes in 2 parts.
- The base or platform of the hover board which has the wheels attached to it.
- The steering bar which is the primary control option for the driver.
The steering bar goes into the ‘mainframe’ of the device. It passes through a metal neck where it nicely locks itself into position. The height of the steering bar itself can also be adjusted to suit your needs. The product arrives fully charged, but you will still want to charge it for a whole night before using it.
The ninebot Segway mini pro – Specifications
- The device spans 21.5 inches in length to 20 inches in width and 10.3 inches in depth.
- It weighs a total of 28 pounds.
- Comes with inflatable wheels which are 10 inches in width.
- Comes with a payload of 220 pounds in total.
- The frame of the device is made of magnesium alloy which is extremely light weighted in nature.
- Tires deliver shock absorption of military grade level.
- The engine is equipped with a dual motor capable of reaching 1600W of power.
- Top speed of this device ranges up to 10 MPH.
- Distance covered spans up to 14 miles on a single charge.
- Capable of traversing several types of terrains both indoors and out.
- The knee bar is padded in order to provide maximum comfort to the user.
- The height of the steering bar is also adjustable in nature.
- Provides better control options compared to electric scooters and other similar vehicles.
- Also, features a Smartphone app that comes with tons of different features.
- It comes with automatic firmware update options.
- Meets all the conditions laid out by the UL 2272 certifications.
The ninebot Segway mini pro – The Good
Safety Features and Tutorial
One of the best and most user-friendly features of the ninebot Segway mini pro is the safety learning feature that it comes with. This is mainly tied in with the app that comes along with. If you have a Smartphone, make sure you download and install it first.
You can pair the device with the app via Bluetooth in order to take control of it. It is recommended that you do so because otherwise, the device will continuously alert you with beeps to finish the initial walk through. And why not do it anyway?
This phase will familiarize the user with all the controls of the device and everything that you need to know about the rules and regulations of safe driving. You cannot skip the display section if you get to this phase, so make sure you read everything properly. It also gives you appropriate advice on what not to do when driving around on it.
The control scheme of this device is also a big part of the reason why it is such a hit in the market. For instance, the steering bar comes with a pair of knee pads which are also cushioned to make things more comfortable for you. Positioning them in the correct place will need you to adjust the bar itself, but once done, it is an excellent experience for driving.
The combination of the bar and pads mainly serves the purposes of steering and providing stability. All you really need to do in order to drive is to lower your knees into the pads and lean your body forwards or backward, depending on the direction you want to travel in. Steering merely requires you to press your knees into the bar.
Whatever the speeds, the controls of this device are always responsive and smooth. As such, once you have gotten adjusted to the control schemes, you will find that maneuvering the machine is all too easy to do. It is the same for different terrains as well. No matter what the trajectory of the ground is, the controls are always safe and comfortable.
The app which comes along with the ninebot Segway mini pro is also tons of fun. Not only that, it is useful to the very core as well. It displays tons of relevant information to the user like:
- Device Temperature
- Battery Life
- Drive-time Warnings
Other than the above-mentioned things, you will also be able to lock your device using this app as well. If anyone tries moving it when it is locked, you will instantly get a notification with an alarm. There is a remote control for the device as well, which can be used through the app itself. There is also a virtual joystick mode which allows you to control the Mini Pro from your phone.
While not all of the abovementioned features are 100% useful, all of them are definitely fun to use. And that is an important part of an electronic gadget – having a real time. It is clearly not the cheapest hover board in the market, but it is definitely one of the best.
The ninebot Segway mini pro – The Bad
You will find that this device falls in the heavier range of hover boards in the market. If not driving it around, carrying it is definitely a hassle. The cost of the product itself can also put off a lot of customers as well.
Overall, if you are looking for a good quality hover board, then the ninebot Segway mini pro is definitely one that will fit your needs. If you have the bucks to go for it, then do so by all means.