Segway minipro scooter offers some features and convenience that will give you the best experience in riding while doing your daily activity. The hoverboard was the best personal transporter in 2016, Now its a new age and the Segway Minipro got every thing right. This is a evolutionary step of the two-wheeled, self-balancing personal transporters. Segway miniPRO scooter is the first personal transporter, before any other hoverboard, to become UL 2272 Certified for the highest standards of electrical and fire safety requirements established by Underwriter Laboratories. Ninebot and Segway utilized decades of combined industry knowledge to create the smartest personal transporter software, stronger hardware, and safer features.
Cnet and usatoday already forsee that the Segway MiniPRO personal transporter will be on top of the gift lists for the upcoming holidays into Christmas 2017.
Here you will find more information about which online retailer has the lowest prices for the Segway Minipro Scooter. Prices update constantly so if you see a good deal grab it!
Segway miniPRO Scooter
- 1.1 Segway miniPRO
- 1.1.1 Segway miniPRO Scooter Safety Video
- 1.1.2 Segway minipro scooter the best electric scooter ever made
- 1.1.3 The Best Scooter Design Ever
- 1.1.4 What are the Segway MiniPro Scooter Features?
- 1.1.5 What are the Segway Minipro Weight Limit?
- 1.1.6 What if you ride Segway MiniPro in the dark?
- 1.1.7 How easy is it to learn to ride the Segway MiniPro?
- 1.1.8 What are Segway MiniPro Electric Scooter Prices?
- 1.1.9 Segway MiniPRO Review – purchase the most cost efficient scooter
- 1.1.10 Benefits of electric scooter:
- 1.1.11 Comfortable features:
- 1.1.12 Variety of electric scooter:
- 1.2 Buy Segway MiniPRO Scooter Online:
- 1.3 What are the differences between Ninebot mini and Segway minipro?
- 1.4 The Ninebot Mini – Pros
- 1.5 Segway Minipro – Pros
- 1.6 Do you need a handle bars kit for the Segway Minipro?
- 1.7 What are the rules in New York City with hoverboards?
- 1.8 Is it legal to ride hoverboards in the UK?
- 1.9 Segway MiniPRO Scooter
Received 4.8 stars out of 5 in customer reviews
2 Colors to choose from
The miniPRO features a powerful, UL-certified lithium-ion battery that allows riders to travel up to 14 miles on a single charge. Dual motor engine delivers 1600 watts of power to safely reach top speeds of 10 MPH on variety of indoor and outdoor terrains. Connect to the free mobile app via Bluetooth for full features: remote control operation, anti-theft alarm, speed control, customizable lights, vehicle diagnostics, and firmware updates. The miniPRO reaches top speeds of 10 mph and can take on slopes up to 15-degree grades. It can accommodate riders up to 220lbs.
Padded knee bar maximizes comfort and enables precision steering for more ergonomic control than hoverboards and electric scooters that rely on foot-pivot steering.
Customizable App Control & Anti-theft- Use the app to unlock the short riding tutorial and adjust light colors, modify safety features, operate the miniPRO via remote control, and more.
Most importantly, use the app to lock the miniPRO with a tamper-proof anti-theft alarm that triggers a phone warning if someone attempts to move it!
Segway miniPRO Scooter Safety Video
Learn how to ride the Segway MiniPro Scooter safely by watching this video and using the training tutorial found in the Ninebot App for Android or iPhone.
|Color||Black and White|
|Item Dimensions||20 x 21.4 x 10.3 inches|
|Item Display Weight||37 pounds|
|Item Weight||28 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||38.65 pounds|
Segway minipro scooter the best electric scooter ever made
Do you feel tired of going around your apartment and office complex on foot? Segway MiniPro scooter could be the best option for you. It is a kind of an automatic scooter that uses electric power and uses two wheels. This scooter is very suitable for those who feel bored and tired to walk when you want to go somewhere. There will be no more fatigue that you may feel because you only need to stand on the scooter and decide where to go. There are so many kinds of electric scooters that you can choose. The other scooters are designed with a single wheel and this scooter is designed especially with two wheels. Besides, this scooter is also considered as the best scooter which is more powerful and faster compared to the others. You may feel curious about the features offered by Ninbot mini by Segway. Here are some of the reasons why you have to choose this electric scooter to support your daily activity.
The Best Scooter Design Ever
How is the design of this sophisticated scooter? Segway MiniPro is the best scooter that has been designed to provide comfort to its user. The design is really elegant with a modern concept and it is available in two colors, black and white. As you can see, this scooter has two wheels that have a small size of wheels and the body is light enough. It is not similar to a single wheel scooter which is not equipped with a padded knee bar. Segway minipro is designed with a comfortable padded knee bar to control your movement. There are two footings where there is a barrier that limits the right and left foot when you stand on this scooter. Besides, the footing is also quite convenient because it is coated with a soft material.
What are the Segway MiniPro Scooter Features?
Segway MiniPro is a personal transporter which offers thousands of features. It is true that this scooter is designed with a modern concept which makes it more sophisticated. There are some features that you will get when choosing this features. The first feature is that you can connect this scooter to your smartphone. It has a special app which is connected via Bluetooth and using your smartphone, you can use it as a remote control, speed control, anti-theft alarm, adjustable light, firmware update, and vehicle diagnostics. This is one of the reasons why Segway MiniPro is considered as the best electric scooter ever.
What are the Segway Minipro Weight Limit?
Another feature is that the Segway minipro weight limit is 220 lbs payload. Besides, it is also quite light weight which is made of aircraft-grade magnesium alloy frame along with pneumatic air-filled tires 10.5 inches plus shock absorption capability. What about the machine? It is really powerful because it is equipped with a dual motor engine with 1600 watts of electricity and it can speed up to 10 Miles per hour and it can reach up to 14 miles when it is fully charged whether you use it indoor and outdoor. One of the features that no other scooter has is the padded knee bar functionality which allows you to precisely control the movement, unlike the other scooters which only allow using foot-pivot steering. Of course, this padded knee bar functionality is more comfortable and more balanced.
What if you ride Segway MiniPro in the dark?
In order to improve the visibility when night comes, this modern scooter is also designed with LED light. You can customize the LED light as you wish. This LED light is really important to make you visible while using it at night. If you are afraid of losing your scooter, you do not worry about it anymore because Segway MiniPro is equipped with an anti-theft alarm system which can be integrated with your smartphone. The alarm system will alert you when it is stolen through your smartphone. For now, it only supports iOS and Android OS.
How easy is it to learn to ride the Segway MiniPro?
It is different from a single wheel scooter or commonly called as hover board which takes more than 15 minutes to learn. However, you only need one minute to learn how to ride this Segway MiniPro. Since this scooter has two tires, so you do not need to learn how to make it balanced. You only need to practice how to speed up and control the steering. Of course, when you start to ride this electric scooter, you have to do it on a flat and smooth area. This scooter is actually perfect for city transporter because the road in the city is flat and smooth. Besides, you do not even need a trainer when riding this scooter. You can do it by yourself at home or any comfortable areas.
What are Segway MiniPro Electric Scooter Prices?
Talking about scooter product, you must be thinking that Segway MiniPro Scooter is expensive enough. In fact, this electric scooter is not too expensive to buy. You can order the Segway minipro electric scooter online at $798.00, That is the lowest price we can find on the internet. It is really cheaper compared to a single wheel scooter. However, the Segway minipro price depends on the store. Some of the stores may offer a higher price. You do not need to worry about the warranty because you can check the warranty to the seller or the product website.
In summary, if you are looking for the best electric scooter to support your daily activity, you must choose Segway MiniPro. This scooter is one of the most sophisticated scooters which can be controlled using the app installed on your smartphone. You can control the functionality directly through your smartphone. Besides, the design is really simple and light weight and it can run very fast compared to the common hoverboard. As the features are explained above, now you realize that Segway Mini can be your best option when you want to buy an electric scooter to get rid of your tiredness. So you can prepare the budget from now if you want to have one.
Segway MiniPRO Review – purchase the most cost efficient scooter
If you consider the price of the engine oil now a day you will always consider the electric scooter as an excellent option for you to purchase. You can use this scooter quite well to go to different places for your day to day works. You have just to keep the scooter charged, and it will provide you the best service.
Benefits of electric scooter:
- The best benefit is that you have to just electronically charge the same. You don’t need to buy fuel for the same. It is needless to say that the same reason it is extremely cost effective.
- As it is noise and smoke-free, it is quite beneficial for the environment. It provides a very efficient performance. It goes with a very nice speed of 25 km per hour which can be considered as a very moderate speed for local use.
- As per the features are a concern it has all lucrative features like front brakes, drum rear, tubeless tires, alloy wheels, beautiful design and many other things.
- Electric scooter has incredible suspension, and this is why when you run the same on the rough roads your experience will be excellent.
- If you give full charge, the scooter will be able to run around 14 miles. So, if you are using it for the local use with a single charge you can run the same for a few days.
- With the front brake, your control over the scooter will be excellent. It has moderate speed, and that is why even for a beginner this scooter is extremely safe to ride on.
- As it has a solid body, the scooter will stay fine for a longer time, and you will be able to use the same quite roughly as well.
Variety of electric scooter:
When you think about purchasing this electric scooter you will find an enormous amount of variation for the same in the market. There are different types of models which will suit both men and women quite easily. You will get various useful features as well with the same. You can get variety in design, color and looks. There are plenty of options available in the various online retail stores of the same, and the price range is also within your budget.
The best way to purchase such a scooter is to buy it online. In that case, it will help you to buy different types of scooters. You will get various models with different amazing features with different price range. In most of the cases, you are going to get a warranty of one year on the scooter as well. You can get the desired colors and designs as well. In the online retail stores, you will also get the availability of a particular model quite quickly.
Overall, it can surely be said that if you want to buy a scooter for fulfilling your various local works, and you want a scooter which will be cost efficient at the same time; then the Ninebot Electric Scooter will surely be one of the best options to purchase.
When it comes to good hoverboards/self-balancing personal transporters in the market, there isn’t really too much to choose from these days, especially with their unavailability in most parts of the world. However, the new Ninebot Mini by Xiaomi and the more powerful brother Segway Minipro by Segway/Ninebot are two of the most popular ones in this department right now. And only the Segway Minipro are available on the market for North America. And as such, there is bound to be a comparison between the two.
If you too are confused between the two and want to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each one, then you should read on. Here listed below is a quick comparison between these 2 hover boards and why you should consider buying them. So without further ado, let’s get into it.
The Ninebot Mini – Specifications
Released only a year ago, the Ninebot Mini retains the ‘weird’ kind of look that is so prevalent in Xiaomi made devices. And within that short period of time, it has managed to book its place in the market as one of the most durable and trustworthy hover boards that you can currently find on the market. As such, here are the details.
- Manufactured by Xiaomi.
- Self-balancing in nature.
- Maximum speed ranges up to 9.4 miles per hour.
- Can easily climb up to 15 degrees of inclination.
- Drivable over hard and flat sides of the road.
- Total weight of the product is equal to 28.21 pounds.
- Capable of covering 13.5 miles in one charge.
- Maximum instantaneous power clocks in at 2100 watts.
- Chassis height of the product comes with a ground clearance of 2.36 inches.
- It is Waterproof in nature.
- Has a mobile app that can be used to control the device remotely.
- Charger is rated at 70 watts of power.
- Braking distance comes in at 11 feet 1.8inches.
- The frame is made of magnesium alloy.
- Tires are made of low-pressure vacuum and 10.5 inches in thickness.
- Wheels also made of light weighing allow and 6 inches in thickness.
Segway Minipro – Specifications
This product was marketed as the next step in the field of small self-balancing scale transportation vehicles and boy did it deliver in that regard. Built with stronger hardware, smarter and more advanced software, better sensors and other improved specifications, it definitely intends to live up to all the hype that it came with the EcoReco M5 e-scooter.
- UL 2272 Certified for North American models for the highest standards of electrical and fire safety
- Dimensions range from 20 inches in length to 21.4 inches in width and 10.3 inches in depth.
- Total weight of the product is equal to 28 pounds.
- Comes with a dual motor engine capable of horsing up 1600 watts of power.
- Top speed ranges up to 10 miles per hour.
- Capable of traveling as far as 14 miles on a single full charge.
- Can traverse over any kind of terrain both indoors as well as outdoors.
- Comes with a padded knee bar in order to maximize the comfort.
- Precision steering is possible with the latest sensors.
- It has a payload of 220 pounds in total.
- The frame is made of magnesium alloy that is not only light but also durable.
- Comes with 10.5-inch tires capable of providing military level shock absorption.
- Features a mobile app for controlling the device remotely.
- Anti-theft alarms and security systems are also installed in the device.
- Also, comes with options for customizing lights.
- Automatic firmware updating features.
The Ninebot Mini – Pros
One of the best features of the Ninebot Mini happens to be the quality of the rides it is capable of providing to users. Although it is always advisable to stay on paved pathways and hard floored roads, it can still do pretty well on rough dirt laden and bumpy surfaces. The shock absorbing qualities of the tires further help in that regard.
Yet another important feature why this product is such a hit is because of its durability. After all, such appliances tend to be pretty costly. As such, you would not want to be buying it over and over again right? The magnesium alloy frame of this product is not only light weighing in nature but also very durable as well. This is what keeps the whole thing together.
Last but not the least, the portable nature of this product makes it worth the purchase. Along with all the convenient features that it has to offer, the maneuverability that it has to provide is also stunning, to say the least. Packed with the precision control functions, it is very easy to handle, even for beginners. You can watch the Segway minipro video to get more information. Its portable nature is also overlooked on most occasions.
One of the biggest advantages of using the Segway Minipro is the shock absorbent nature of the tires that it comes with. The 10.5-inch air filled tires which come installed in the Segway Minipro is by far one of the best quality tires out there in the market. This allows the hover board to absorb the maximum amount of shock even on the worst surfaces.
What good is a hover board that has inadequate control mechanisms in it? That is no problem for this product however since it comes with an excellent set of controls that are tight yet smooth in execution. What’s more, they are incredibly simple to teach thus allowing beginners to get into a rhythm very quickly. Pandering to the user is always a sign of a good product.
Another reason why this product is so good is because of the different features that it provides. Its ability to remotely control the device with the help of a mobile app sounds so convenient, right? Not only is that, but the security system of the product also inch perfect with an anti-theft alarm in place to alert you of any danger.
Neither product suffers from too many problems. However, if one were to nitpick, it is found that the Ninebot Mini starts to give off a terrible squeaking sound from the wheel after riding around 135 miles in total. This can be easily fixed by changing the bearings. The Segway Minipro has no issues to date, and feels like it’s the Lexus to the Toyota brand. Other than that, though, it is pretty much both is a must-buy product.
This handle bar for the Segway MiniPro was designed to give MiniPro ride rs unmatched stability and security while riding their Ninebot by Segway MiniPro. The high quality Materials make the handle bar install a breeze and comes with all necessary tools included in the package. Riders can easily switch from knee control to the handlebar control and it comes with free parking stand!
Here are some details
Handle bar Kit for Segway Minipro comes in black and white. Gives additional stability and security for riders. Easy to install with all necessary tools included. No special tools required. Riders can easily switch between knee controlled bar and handlebar. Made from high quality materials and Parking stand for Segway MiniPRO is included for free! Shipping weight for handle bars 5.5 pounds and 3 pounds without packaging.
What are the rules in New York City with hoverboards?
Hoverboards were for some period of time treated as toys for the rich and for celebrities. But over time, the ordinary people have also caught up with this new trend. After all, who doesn’t want to glide around on an electronic skateboard (sort of) with the winds soaring through your hair? But if you are a citizen of New York, you will have a hard time dealing with all this.
That is because of the fact that New York is one of the many cities all around the world where the use of hoverboards in public places is completely banned. But it’s not that you are completely abolished from the thrill of experiencing a ride on such a device. You can still do so, but only on private property with the permission of the property owner.
The law that abolishes the use of hoverboards in public places is not something that has come out recently. It was established way back under section number 72 of the Highway Act. But that law only influenced the countries of England and Wales and some other parts in the North of the border.
It was only in 2011 when the US government decided to introduce this blockade in the city of New York. And although there are people like Jose Peralta who are trying to stop treating hoverboards as motor vehicles, it is still not enough. As it stands right now, you can be charge as much as 500 USD dollars if you cause a hoverboard infraction.
Now, you might be thinking what the problem is with riding around in a seemingly harmless device. Even the speeds aren’t high enough to injure anyone. Different places have various reasons for doing so. Here are some of them:
- One of the most popular reasons why they are banned is out of the fear of getting tripped up on a bump or encountering something unexpected on the next curb.
- Another reason is because it can potentially cause annoyance to the pedestrians who are walking on the footpath. Although this is a weak argument, it still holds some amount of truth to it.
- Accidents are also one of the main reasons why it is banned. Imagine someone on a hoverboard crashing with a 4 wheeler on the road. That will literally leave the hoverboard rider with nearly 0 % chance of survival.
- The lack of protection is also something to be concerned about. Most riders don’t wear knee pads or helmets or other protective gear when riding a hoverboard. This can prove to be fatal in case of a mishap.
That sums up the scenario with hoverboards in the current generation. As mentioned before, some people are actively trying to legalize them in all possible ways. However, more than the current amount of effort is needed in order to make that a reality. Always stay alerted of the above things when buying a hoverboard for you.
Is it legal to ride hoverboards in the UK?
Although the craze for hoverboard’s is something we have gone past several years ago, it is still a shame that most people have not gotten the experience of driving it on the road in public places. And that is something that still remains unfulfilled, or at least that is the case if you are living in the United Kingdom.
There was something similar to hoverboard’s several years ago known as Segways. They were almost identical to hoverboards, except that they look more like skateboard bikes. When they came out, they were immediately banned from use in streets and in any public place. The same set of rules has also been applied to hoverboards as well.
If you own a hoverboard, just know that you will not be able to ride it around on pavements, footpaths, and roads. The only place you will be able to do so is on your own private property. If you fail to do so, it will treat as an offense, and you will have to go through the trouble of paying a fine. You could possibly also have to part ways with your gadget. You can easily control the speed of the Eon scooter by using the throttle.
What They Are?
If you still aren’t aware of hoverboards in this day and age, it is basically an electronic device or gadget that helps a person drive around at controllable speeds. It is shaped like a skateboard, but it is driven sideways and runs apparently on electricity. You will find tons of them on the market, ranging in cost different prices up to 200 pounds.
What’s more, after purchasing one, you will need to get the proper kind of registration for it. After all, it is a ‘self-balancing scooter’ at the end of the day. As such, it is classified as a vehicle. An unregistered hoverboard can only be driven around on private property, provided you have taken the permission of the property’s owner.
The sight of hoverboards being used around freely in public is something that is increasing every day. As such, there have been a lot of recent developments pertaining to these gadgets. Here mentioned are some of the most well-known ones:
- In 2011, the year the law against hoverboards was passed, a man driving around on one of these things on a pavement was fined 75 pounds for his troubles.
- Also, more recently, a well-known rapper, Wiz Khalifa had to be handcuffed and taken away by officials at the LAX airport for refusing to dismount his hoverboard, despite repeatedly being told to do so.
- A pilgrim who was on his way to Mecca was also caught on one of these things. Apparently, he was doing so when the tawaf ritual was taking place on the sacred grounds of the Ka’bah shrine.
- It is often these kinds of lunacies which prompt authorities to take such a stern action against an on-going fad. So if you live in the UK and were planning to buy a hoverboard for yourself, make sure that you keep these things in mind.